Giving Tuesday: Giving Thanks, Giving Back
As you give thanks this Thanksgiving, think about how you could give back. Giving Tuesday provides an opportunity to pay it forward towards a worthy cause.
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate. Spend time with loved ones, reflect on your past year and show gratitude for everyone and everything you have in your life. As you count your blessings, think about how you can show gratitude by getting involved with Giving Tuesday.
Currently in its third year, Giving Tuesday comes right after Black Friday and Cyber Monday on December 2nd. It is a national day devoted to encouraging our global community to give hope and help through donating or volunteering for a worthy cause.
Giving Tuesday is a day where we can give to others, make an impact on others, serve others, and give generously of our time and resources. It is a day where we can raise awareness of our responsibility to help our global community fight back against issues that are far too large for us to face alone. Giving Tuesday is a unique philanthropic initiative that leverages the power of social media to spread awareness through word of mouth among friends. Over 18,000 organizations in the US alone have joined the celebration of giving back. So, how do you plan to celebrate #GivingTuesday?
Giving Tuesday: How Can I Get Involved?
- Donate to a worthy cause
- Volunteer your time or talent towards a worthy cause
- Spread ideas and awareness in person or on social media
- Be a part of the movement
What Organizations are Accepting Donations for Giving Tuesday?
There are thousands of organizations that would benefit and be grateful for your support. We’ve named a few below great organizations below. Our goal is to inspire our online community to open their hearts to any of the worthy causes listed below and the countless others that exist today. If you are part of a nonprofit organization and would like to be listed, please email jenn [at] crowdster.com.
This #GivingTuesday, I will consider donating to:
- Action Against Hunger
- Adults and Children with Learning & Developmental Disabilitie
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- American Heart Association
- Army Heritage Center Foundation
- Autism Speaks
- Beit Ruth
- Bone Marrow Foundation
- Center For Developmental Disabilities
- Child Abuse Prevention Services
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Connecticut Forest & Park Association
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- EAC Network
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger
- Englewood Hospital
- Feeding America West Michigan
- Food Bank of Lincoln
- Greater Dallas Military Foundation
- Guide Dog Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity Detroit
- Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity
- I Have A Dream Foundation
- Island Harvest
- Long Island Cares: The Harry Chapin Food Bank
- LI Coalition for the Homeless
- Life’s WORC
- Long Island Crisis Center, Inc.
- Long Island Minority AIDS Coalition
- Marcie Mazzola Foundation
- Mercy Haven
- The Miracle League of Long Island
- North Shore Land Alliance
- Randall’s Island Park Alliance
- Patient Access Network Foundation
- The Retreat Domestic Violence Services
- The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island
- Save the Children
- Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
- Stony Brook Children’s Hospital
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- United Cerebral Palsy Association
- William Raveis Breast Cancer Fund
- Youth I.N.C.